Most pests are attracted to moist, humid environments. Moisture problems inside your home, then, can be a big contributing factor for infestations and other problems. Issues with leaks and excess moisture commonly originate in crawl spaces. Up to 50% of the air in your household can flow upwards from a crawl space, which is why it’s so important to keep this space free from moisture problems with professional crawl space pest control services. While there are many methods to keep moisture problems in your property under control, crawl space encapsulation is regarded as one of the most effective methods.
Garrie Pest Control is proud to provide crawl space moisture control installation services to keep our customers safe from pest problems linked to excess moisture in the home.
Do I Need Crawl Space Insect Control?
Moisture problems in the home often go undetected by homeowners for some time. Some of the most common ways many homes are exposed to moisture include:
- Leaks in plumbing, flashing, or roofing
- Water from cooking, showering, washing dishes or clothes
- Broken or dysfunctional gutters, downspouts, or drains
- Flooding or sewer backup
- Damp basements, attics, and crawl spaces
If you’re noticing moisture problems, it’s time to contact a crawl space encapsulation professional who can install better ventilation.
Need a Pest Control Estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
Benefits of Crawl Space Moisture Control
Excess moisture in homes is extremely attractive to a number of pests who thrive in humid, moist environments to live and reproduce. Crawl space insect control services bring the following benefits:
- Improved air quality throughout the entire home, making for a more comfortable living environment
- Reduced risk of fungi or mold problems that contribute to structural damage
- Improved energy efficiency in the property
- Creation of an inhospitable environment for pests, specifically wood-destroying insects such as termites
Garrie’s Crawl Space Pest Control
Excess moisture is sure to attract all types of pests to your Peekskill NY home. If you think your home suffers from humid conditions, it’s time to consider your options before you have a pest problem. For more information on our ventilation systems and crawl space encapsulation, contact our experts today!Back to Residential Pest Control