Do You Want Exceptional Value In Mosquito Or Fly Control?
Serving Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Orange, Rockland Counties in NY and Fairfield County, CT
If you are located in Westchester, the Lower Hudson Valley, or Fairfield County, Connecticut, Garrie Pest Control’s Mosquito Control program delivers superior value. It is enviro- and pet-friendly, effective, and affordable.
Quality • Safety • Value!
Why people in Westchester & surrounding areas choose Garrie to get rid of mosquitoes & Flies
At Garrie Pest Control, we only do things one way – the right way. We invest in the best equipment, the best training, and the best technicians to ensure our services meet and exceed all state regulations. Garrie’s goal is to exceed expectations with the highest quality service delivered safely, promptly and at competitive rates.
Garrie Pest Control has offered mosquito and fly exterminating services in Westchester County and the surrounding areas since 1972.
Why are mosquitos a danger to your family?
When we think of dangerous animals, most people think of sharks, lions, or grizzly bears. The truth is that mosquitos are the deadliest animals in the world, killing over 1,000,000 people each year. Indeed, mosquito extermination programs in the US have significantly reduced deaths caused by mosquito-borne diseases. However, in the lower Hudson Valley and Fairfield County, CT, mosquitos still carry West Nile Virus, Eastern Equine Encephalitis, Zika Virus, Chikungunya Virus, Dengue Virus, and Malaria as shown in the NYS Department of Health STATEWIDE MOSQUITO-BORNE DISEASE ACTIVITY REPORT
Why let mosquitos of flies ruin your backyard party or barbeque?
While deaths from mosquito-borne diseases are rare, they do occur. Let’s face it; there is nothing like a swarm of mosquitos to squash an evening of outdoor fun. Flies are just as annoying. These pests know how to ruin an otherwise fantastic barbeque, leaving you and your guest itching, scratching or pestered. Often, it seems like the only solution is to go inside. If mosquitoes of flies are ruining your parties call Garrie Pest Control – We’re licensed to kill…Mosquitos.
The 7 Essential Things To Know
About A Pest Control Service…
So That You Can Compare Services &
Choose The Best Service For You
Should I use a DYI product or hire a professional like Garrie?
Often, over-the-counter and do-it-yourself solutions sound like a good idea, and they do work to various degrees. Some are safe, and some could be dangerous to pets and other animals you do not want to harm. All of them require time that includes a trip to a home supply store, decisions about products and treatment, and, lastly, application. Not only do DYI systems cost you time; they cost money and are often not always give you the results you hoped.
People want 4 four things from their mosquito or fly control:
- The technique is effective and keeps mosquitos or flies away
- It is family, pet and environmentally friendly
- It is convenient and does not take too much time
- It is affordable
Compare all aspects of DIY mosquito of Fly control and Garrie wins hands down
Although DIY techniques sound safe and/or more cost-effective than professionally-applied methods, what matters is whether they work.
You also want to consider how safe they are for you to apply and the potential risk to family and pets. Treating your lawn with store-bought chemicals might seem like a money saver, but there are risks. You must read all directions carefully to ensure safety. Then, there is the time and hassle to decide which DYI system you want, purchasing it, applying it, and cleaning up… People across the country, especially in the Westchester vicinity, have repeatedly said that time is their most valuable commodity. Benjamin Franklin said it best: “Lost time is never found again.” Add up the time, money, and hassles it takes to do mosquito or fly control on your own throughout the spring and summer. Then compare to Garrie’s professional solutions — the most effective, family, and pet-friendly service available. We think you will agree that your time can be better used, especially when you add in their competitive rates. Call us and let the pros at Garrie Pest Control implement a mosquito control plan for your yard.
Seven things you can do to help Garrie keep mosquitos out of your yard
- Get rid of standing water. Empty all flower pots, watering cans, wheel barrels. Fill any areas of your yard that puddle.
- Clean and maintain your gutters. If you allow water to stand in your gutters, you are providing the perfect breeding grounds for mosquitos.
- Change water dishes for pets often.
- If you have birdbaths, change the water every week to ensure mosquito larvae cannot thrive.
- If you have ponds, introduce minnows that eat mosquito larvae.
- Keep your grass three inches high or less. Mow regularly.
- Keep bushes trimmed and weeds under control – during the day, mosquitos like to rest in well-shaded, low-lying vegetation with higher humidity levels. Remove the moist shade, and many mosquitoes will not survive summer temperatures.
Flies & Mosquitoes Common To The Hudson Valley & Fairfield County CT
- Description: About 10mm in size. They are grey in color with yellow or golden hairs on their backs. These flies have strong bodies but can appear to be small due to their wings overlapping their bodies.
- Habits: These pests overwinter in attics and wall voids in early spring due to the cooler outdoor temperatures. Prior to becoming dormant is when they tend to cluster together. On warmer days, these flies tend to emerge from these hibernation areas and are then seen throughout the interior of the home. After the warm weather arises the cluster flies are attracted to lights.
- Treatment: Although there is no effective treatment for flies, treatment prior to infestations of the interior of the home is important. Long term treatment includes sealing possible entry points.
DRAIN / MOTH FLY
- Description: These flies are very small, dainty and hairy. They range from 1.5mm to 6.5mm in length. They can be yellow, brownish-gray or black in color. Their wings are leaf-shaped and white-speckled.
- Habits: They breed in liquids found in drains, dirty garbage containers and septic tank areas. In their adult, they are poor fliers making them found in large quantities on walls where they have developed. They are most active at night over their breeding areas.
- Treatment: The source of infestations should be cleaned and mechanically eliminated. Scrubbing drains down to the trap and vacuuming up adult flies are also forms of control. If these flies are a recurrent problem in outdoor areas, insecticide treatment may help with control.
- Description: Adults are approximately 3mm in size. They are a dull yellow, brown to dark brown in color with very prominent red eyes.
- Habits: Most commonly known to be associated with fermenting fruits and vegetables. Fermenting liquids, rotting potatoes and onions are also food sources for these flies. Once emerged the adults are attracted to lights.
- Treatment: The best control of these flies is done by finding and eliminating the source. Thorough sanitation is important and necessary to eliminate any infestations.
- Description: About 3mm to 6mm in length. They are grey in color with dark stripes on their backs. They have large red-brownish eyes with a gold stripe surrounding them.
- Habits: These flies are associated with dumps, sewers, and garbage. They are known to feed off all types of solid foods, decaying items, wound beds and sputum.
- Treatment: Sanitation is the most important part of treatment and controlling these flies. Prevention of these flies coming into the interior of the home through window/door screens, sealing any holes that may allow access. Exterior pesticide application may provide some relief.
- Description: Slender, long-legged with wings. They are about 3mm to 6mm. Their wings and bodies are both covered in scales. They have long piercing and sucking mouthparts. Their colors vary depending on the species of mosquito. Mosquitoes go through their life cycle (egg to adult) in about 10days under ideal conditions.
- Habits: Most species are active between dusk and dawn, but some are also active bite during the day. They are attracted to light. During the summer, these insects become more of a problem due to their need to seek out humans for their blood meal.
- Treatment: Source reduction through eliminating water-breeding sites is the best form of control. Light traps can be used to control the species as well. Residual spraying can further help to control the species through killing/repelling adult mosquitoes. When outdoors, products containing 10% DEET can keep you protected for approximately 90-minutes.
- Fact: This species of mosquito is the primary cause of the Zika Virus
Here’s what our customers think:
Whenever I call your company my concern is immediately attended to with prompt and courteous service.
– Rita Korewick
Always courteous, professional, respectful of privacy, gets the work done.
– Ryan Casper
Garrie pest control was immediately responsive to my needs and got rid of my problem quickly and efficiently. Highly recommend!!
– Lauren Albert
GARRIE PROVIDED THESE PREMIUM PEST CONTROL & RELATED SERVICES
Smart consumers in Westchester & vicinity choose Garrie for mosquito control
When you want the most effective mosquito program that is safe for your family and pets at competitive prices, call Garrie Pest Control. When you are sick of the hassles of DYI products that do not give you the results you want and want your time back, call Garrie. When you want the best value in mosquito control, do what educated consumers in Westchester and vicinity have been doing since 1972 – call Garrie Pest Control at 914-334-6299 or 833-521-9737.
button – Schedule your mosquito control appointment in Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Orange, Rockland, or Fairfield Counties Today
Do you need mosquito or fly control in Westchester County or the surrounding areas?
We go the extra mile to exceed your expectations at every phase of the job!