Whether you have a fear of spiders or not, no one wants these 8-legged creatures crawling around their home. As you would with any pest problem, it’s important to learn how to make your property less attractive to spiders. Knowing how to keep spiders out of your home can protect you, your family, or your business from spider infestations year-round.
At Garrie Pest Control, our team knows spiders are a feared pest. The best form of spider control is prevention, which is why we’re sharing our top spider prevention tips.
Can I Prevent Spiders Naturally?
At Garrie Pest Control, we understand the desire to use all-natural products to prevent pests. While these won’t work to control an active infestation, some DIY options may work to prevent spiders in the first place. A fine layer of diatomaceous earth sprinkled across the perimeter of your property will kill any spider that crawls across it. In addition, peppermint, tea-tree, citrus, and eucalyptus essential oils are all known to deter spiders. Even if these work to prevent spiders, they aren’t a long-term spider control solution.
Need a Pest Control Estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
How to Keep Spiders Away
To avoid a spider problem, you need to limit their access indoors in the first place. Five ways you can lessen the risk of spiders getting inside include:
- Maintain a clean, tidy home to prevent the many types of insects that spiders prey on.
- Place sticky traps in specific rooms to monitor spider activity.
- Keep your grass mowed and all vegetation trimmed. Spiders are attracted to bushes, shrubs, woodpiles, and compost piles in your yard.
- Always inspect boxes and pieces of furniture for egg sacs or live spiders before moving them indoors.
- Locate and seal any potential entry points around your foundation, walls, or windows to stop spiders from crawling in.
How to Prevent Spiders Year-Round in Peekskill NY
Dealing with spiders can be overwhelming for anyone. If you’ve tried to keep spiders away and still have an endless problem, it’s time to contact the pros at Garrie Pest Control. Our spider prevention experts will thoroughly inspect your property to address sources of spider problems. Contact us today!Back to Spider Exterminators – Control – Removal