The thought of rats or mice on your property can be distressing. Not only do rodents make a mess, but they can also be very dangerous for several reasons. Rodents spread germs and bacteria, and an infestation can be especially difficult to get rid of without the help of a professional pest control expert. Because infestations can be a pain, it’s important to know how to recognize the main signs of rodents: droppings, foul odors, gnaw marks, and odd noises in the walls.
At Garrie Pest Control, we are dedicated to keeping our Peekskill NY customers safe from rodents. As soon as you notice any of the signs of rats mentioned here, contact us for rodent control!
Signs of Mice Infestations in Peekskill NY
Unlike some pests, rodents will make their presence known if you have a serious infestation. It’s important to learn the many signs of rodent infestations to be able to stop a problem from getting worse. The main signs of mice and rats include:
- Unexplained noises: Hearing chewing, scratching, or gnawing sounds in the attic or in your walls is a big indicator of rats and mice.
- Gnaw marks: If you check your food pantry and notice packages with little holes or gnaw marks, rats or mice have been eating your food.
- Feces: Rodent droppings are odorous and can cause a safety hazard. This is the most telling rodent infestation sign!
- Foul odors: A stale smell that you can’t explain or foul odor from droppings and urine are big indicators of an active infestation.
- Nests: The shredded paper found in your attic, in boxes or drawers can be a sign of rats or mice making nests in your home.
- Burrows or tunnels: Check under boards, in the doghouse, weedy spots, and near garbage cans for signs of burrows, which means rats and mice may be tunneling into your home.
- Runways or tracks: Rats and mice might leave tracks along the floor. Try spreading some talcum powder along countertops and baseboards to track possible paw prints.
Need a Pest Control Estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
You’ve Noticed Rodent Infestation Signs—Now What?
As soon as you suspect a rodent problem in your home or business, it’s time to call in the experts. Mice in particular are infamous for breeding at a rapid rate, giving them the capability of quickly spreading. Because of the reproduction rate and the destruction they cause, it’s absolutely essential to get help as soon as you notice the signs of a rodent infestation. Trying to get rid of the problem yourself will rarely work.
Inspections for Signs of Rats
A professional rodent exterminator can easily locate signs of rodent activity on your property. At Garrie Pest Control, we know how to thoroughly inspect your property to find rats or mice, as well as determine what may be the sources of the infestation. For a FREE quote or more information on mice infestation signs, contact our team today!Back to Rodent Exterminators – Rat & Mice Exterminators