A bed bug problem in their establishment is the last thing any hotel manager wants to hear about. If a hotel guest finds bed bugs before management can hire exterminators to get rid of them, they can expect to see an influx of bad reviews, lost service, and even the possibility of a closure. If you work in the hospitality industry and you’re looking to find the best way to make sure your building stays bed bug-free, keep reading. Here at Garrie Pest Control, we’re proud to employ the best bed bug removal team in Peekskill NY, and we have some advice from our team to yours about checking for bed bugs.
Why Do Bed Bugs Like Hotels?
There are a few reasons why hotels are the perfect places for bed bug populations to spread:
- Hotels are quite busy. With people coming in and out all the time, bed bugs always have the chance of finding a new host to feed on.
- People bring belongings in and out of hotels. When you store your luggage on the floor, bed bugs hiding in your hotel room have an easy opportunity to climb inside and travel to a new location.
- There are tons of hiding places in hotels. Beyond your mattress, a hotel room is filled with possible hiding places for bed bugs everywhere you look.
5 Spots to Look for Bed Bugs in Hotels
It is crucial to be exhaustive in your bed bug inspections—these are tiny critters that are expert hiders. These are the 5 areas to look for bed bugs in your hotel:
- Mattress, box spring, and bed frame: Bed bugs have an easy time hiding in the zippers and seams of mattresses and mattress covers, as well as the joints and slats of bed frames.
- Furniture: Bed bugs prefer any kind of upholstered material with seams and joints to nestle into. Check your chairs, couches, ottomans, and similar furniture, being sure to lift up pillows and inspect any crevices.
- Wardrobes, dressers, and baseboards: The places where your dresser meets the wall might leave enough room for bed bugs to find a good hiding spot. Also, check within all drawers and cabinets.
- Nightstands and wall fixtures. Anything at all that touches the wall might create a good bed bug hiding spot. You should even check behind clocks and paintings that are hung on the wall.
- Closet items: Wherever guests store their luggage, there is the chance that you’ll find a bed bug infestation. Luggage stands and shelves might have picked up bed bugs from someone’s suitcase.
Professional Bed Bug Inspections in Peekskill NY
To be sure that you’re providing a bed bug-free environment for all of your guests, you should team up with your local pest control company. At Garrie Pest Control, we train our bed bug removal team in all kinds of extermination tactics, from targeted spot treatments to holistic heat treatments. We have the ability to collaborate with you to create a plan that will tackle any bed bug problem, no matter how big or small. For a free quote, get in touch today!